Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sunshine

I love being outside.  But I get cold so easily.  Pretty well from November to March, I limit my outdoor excursions to fast walks which keep me somewhat warm.

But today the sun was shining.  It wasn't exactly warm out, downright chilly when the wind came up, but it was beautiful so I threw on a hoodie, grabbed my history book on World War I and tiptoed through the lasting March mud in the backyard, seating myself to the best possible sun-soaking advantage with least compromise to my ability to read without squinting.  And I read, for oh, a good twenty-five minutes, and it was lovely. 

Then it clouded over and started to hail, and I ran inside to protect my book and my comfort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very fun!! I love doing that sort of thing.

Star said...

Sounds very fun!! I love doing that sort of thing.