Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Ladies of the House (and Beyond)

            I would like to pay tribute to the  other women of the family - my mother and two older sisters (my baby sister fits into another category; I'll devote a post to he sometime ). It is such a privilege to have these three ladies in my life who are my very best friends.  They are an example of true femininity and have shaped my life profoundly.  Even on a material level, there are many activities that because of my mother and sisters I have a whole different level of experience and appreciation; activities which, for me, will always have posses more meaning than their names imply, such as...
  • Drinking tea
  • Chocolate and cheesecake
  • Shopping
  • Sharing clothes
  • Baking (especially tweaking recipes until they have totally surrendered to a horde of nutritious ingredients which we would never admit to adding when serving the boys our baking).
  • Girls' movie nights (BBC classics!)
  • Walks
  • Country music in truck #7
...I could go on.  So thank you, Mama, girls, my life wouldn't be the same without our little community of womenfolk.

Stay tuned for my next post:  what I love about brothers.  That will be fun.

3 comments:

Cady said...

Very sweet post, Mary.
Just think-your little sister can put you in that category, too!
One of the gifts of being an older sister. :)
In Him,
Cady

Mary said...

Thanks ;) Hey yeah, I hadn't thought of that. That is cool.

Scout said...

Oh Mary!!! Country music in truck #7. Terrific! I didn't know I had any significant positive affect in your life, but I suppose this is something I can thoroughly take credit for! I love you!!!